I decided to make some organic chamomile infused olive oil today! I plan on using this gorgeous oil in my organic soap and lip butters. Chamomile is known to have anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties along with providing a big dose of soothing and glowing antioxidants! It has a lovely and calming scent and I can’t wait to use it! I chose the cold infusion method to preserve as much of the skin loving chamomile flowers as possible!
1. Wash a mason jar and dry thoroughly
2. Fill up the mason jar with dried chamomile flower buds, leave an inch at the top!
3. Cover with olive oil. I added some Jojoba oil also to give the oil an extra skin boost!
4. Close lid and gently shake.
5. Find a sunny spot to place your jar. I chose my kitchen window sill as it gets nice mid day sun.
6. Shake gentle once a day for 2-3 weeks and use in diy beauty products!