After doing some research on clays for masks I decided to try this. I did a test patch last night and my skin seemed fine so I made a fresh mask this morning and tried it! So easy and my skin feels amazingly soft and smooth and has a lovely glow! Pink Clay is the gentlest of clays and is great for sensitive skin. It helps shrink pores, softens detoxes, ands gently exfoliates skin. Rosehip oil had anti-aging benefits and helps moisturize and improve skin flexibility, and lavender essential oil is good for reducing redness and is anti-inflammatory! Honey is great for helping to unclog pores, is full of antioxidants and helps moisturize skin. At the end I posted a make up free selfie in natural light to show the effect the mask had on my skin.
2 tbsp water
1tsp organic creamed honey
1/2 tsp Organic Rosehip oil
2 drops Lavender essential oil
1 tbsp pink Australian Clay
1. Combine water and oils in a bowl
2. Slowly add water to the pink clay in a small bowl
3. Mix gently into a thin paste
4. Immediately paint onto a clean face and let dry 5-15 minutes. I used a face mask brush because it’s cleaner and more fun!
5. Rinse off gently with a warm facecloth
I recommend not using any moisturizer afterwards. I waited a few hours and applied a light moisturizer! This mask would be best before going to bed but I couldn’t wait!
As always, do a skin patch test before using